Before going to bed, we read the kids the Christmas story. It is a tradition in Chris' family to read it before opening gifts on Christmas morning. I loved the whole idea of it, but always felt so bad for those kids having to wait to rip open those presents! Needless to say, we are changing it up a bit! We started a new tradition this year as well. I bought the book Elf on a Shelf which comes with a little elf. You name the elf and he "moves" each night to a new location in your house. Ethan named ours Jeffrey because for the past two years, he has wanted me to have a baby and name him Jeffrey. If it was a girl, you guessed it, Jeffrey too. The children are not allowed to touch him and he is there to report to Santa. When I asked Ethan what he wanted for Christmas, he informed me that he already told Jeffrey.
Christmas morning...it gets more and more fun for Chris and I each year. Ethan woke up first and came to wake us up. He whispered to Chris, "Daddy, Santa really came!" It was so sweet not only him saying that, but trying not to wake Emerson and I. Apparently, Jeffrey told Santa that Ethan wanted a scooter that made fire. That was by far his favorite gift and Emerson's was her Barbie Jeep.
My mom and RT came on Christmas night, so to the kids, it was Christmas all over again! She always goes above and beyond! All in all, it was a great Christmas! I will try to do better at updating from now on!
1 comment:
Nice blog on Christmas 2009. You have cute kids. I love those jump around places! Wear them out for naptime. Ihampers.co.uk
Post a Comment