Emerson started out with a low grade fever yesterday, which quickly turned into 103.9. Scary. I know. Her nail beds were turning blue as well, so we called the Nurses' Line and were advised to take her to the Emergency Room. Ethan's nails slightly turn blue as well with a high fever, so we decided to give her Motrin and check her in an hour. Her fever went down, she was breathing normal and went to sleep. WELL...Ethan started coughing during all of this and threw up. He was wide awake and jumping around after that, so we put him back to sleep. While we were making the decision not to take Emerson to the hospital, Ethan started coughing again. Only this time, he was having a really hard time breathing. We have never gone through this whole croup thing, so it was terrifying for us. I was not dressed, so I told Chris to take him to the hospital and I called Heath to come and stay with Emerson. Thank God for good friends when you don't have family close by. As Chris was leaving, he spotted our neighbor coming home. He was on call (he's a surgeon) and coming home from the hospital, so he checked him out and told Chris it sounded like croup. Heath showed up within minutes and off I go to be with my little boy. They actually got us back pretty quick, but we didn't see the doctor for another hour and a half. I sent Chris home to relieve Heath since Ethan was stable (oxygen level was perfect). Five hours, one breathing treatment, one steroid shot and one chest/neck xray later, we were home in bed at 4:00 am. He's still coughing, but they said he'll be like this for 2-3 days.
.
Back to Emerson. She woke up this morning with a 102 degree fever. Better than last night. I gave her some Motrin and she drank lots of water. She didn't want anything to eat. Chris asked her and she said, "no." I know right, she's 17 months old. Chris is a riot. Anyway, while she was napping this morning, I decided to make her an appointment just in case. Glad I did because she has strep throat even though she woke up with no fever. What a wonderful weekend this will be at the Moore home!
No comments:
Post a Comment