The kids and I packed up Thursday afternoon for Rock Hill. My Aunt Kathy and second cousin, Zachary (11 years old) were flying in for the weekend and I had to pick them up at the airport on Friday. We spent the day visiting and playing Wii. Zachary had never played it before and let's just say he liked it A LOT. Then we just HAD to eat at the Golden Corral because they don't have buffets back home like they do down here. If they do have them, they're extremely expensive. On Saturday we drove to Columbia to spend some time with my grandmothers brother and his children. My great uncle had a stroke about 2 months ago now. Unfortunately, one of the worst things to happen to him was that one of his eyes crossed and he sees double. He is now forced to wear an eye patch to try and correct it. He told us that when he sees a good looking woman, he takes his patch off so that he can see two of them! He's a wonderful soul, just like his big sister was. On Sunday, we hung out at the mall most of the day and then were stuck in traffic for what seemed like hours. Luckily, we know some back roads! My mom drove them to the airport bright and early Monday morning, so mom and I did a little bit of shopping around Rock Hill. I bought Emerson three pairs of shoes for $3.00 a piece! That was the thrill of my day. I lead such an exciting life.
I was going to come home Tuesday afternoon, but Aunt Kathy left some of the white stuff down here! I was stranded in Rock Hill! It was okay though. We played outside a lot. When Emerson looked out the window she said, "Santa!" She thinks that everything winter (Snowmen, snow, etc.) is Santa. I had to improvise with some socks for mittens, but other than that, I had everything that they needed for warmth. We are home safe now and it feels good to be with my husband! Lots of photos in the web album.
No comments:
Post a Comment