We have been going to Awanas for three weeks now at Hyde Park. Ethan absolutely loves it. The first few weeks, we didn't really know what was expected of him. For those of you who are not familiar with Awanas, you have to memorize three verses in order to get your book, vest and bag. Once we found out the details, Ethan flew right through those verses and recited them last night with no problem at all. He has got such a good memory. He often asks me about things that happened 18 plus months ago. He amazes me. He wanted to sleep in his vest too!
Chris and I have been attending the Fireproof Your Marriage class while he is in Awanas. We have really enjoyed it. Emerson still hates the nursery. That is such a struggle as a mom. Last night I stayed in there with her for about 15 minutes and then snuck out. They said that she cried a little when she realized I was gone, but then continued to play. I think I'll start doing that with her although she will catch on quickly I am sure!
I've uploaded a few pictures from our lunch n' fun at the Methodist Church. Anna came again yesterday, so of course Ethan was thrilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment