Friday, August 14, 2009

Get Ready for Chills

As I am sure you all remember the horrible time we went through back in February with Emerson getting so sick. For those of you who don't, the doctors were certain that she had leukemia. God absolutely proved them wrong and we are so thankful for that. I have felt very close to God since I was saved at the age of 15, but I have never felt closer since witnessing that miracle that he performed. I know a lot of you reading this are probably shocked at my relationship with the Great Physician based on my past and there are some of you who like to question/judge it, but it is there and it is strong.

Having said that, last month my sister gave me this:
Break the monotony and do something strange and extravagant. - Emerson

Upon receiving the results by the Oncology team at Duke, I could not wait to call my sister. She had given me tons of verses to cling to during that difficult time. The one that stuck out to me was, "Do not be afraid. Just trust Me." Mark 5:36 I repeated that verse over and over. When I was finally able to call her ( a few hours later due to the time difference of 14 hours) she told me of a plaque that was on her doorstep. A woman with whom my sister had gone on a trip with had custom made it for her. She had to order the words several weeks earlier, sanded the board and painted it for my sister to thank her for planning their "girls trip." How ironic? Not irony, GOD! He speaks to us in so many ways and I think this is his motto for Emerson's life! I am so thankful to have good health for not only my children, but for everyone around me. We don't ever need to forget just what we have. Thank you, God for loving me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was confirmation that He was breaking the monotony of life and doing something extravagant....saving a baby!! Praise the Lord!!