Saturday, October 3, 2009

Flu

As you all know, the flu is horrible this year. On Tuesday, I took Emerson to get tested by her allergist to see if she could handle the flu shot (it contains eggs and she is allergic). She had several series of shots (which she did wonderfully with) and was able to get half of it. We will return in a month for the last installment. I brought Ethan with me to see if I could get his there as well since I despise going to the Children's Clinic. Love the staff, hate the wait and germs! They did not want to give it to him as he had a very low fever. That afternoon I found out that at least half of his class was out because of the flu and various other illnesses. Monday night it developed into a mild fever. I kept him out on Tuesday and watched it. That afternoon it spiked to 103.1. We had tried to take him to the clinic in the morning, but they stopped taking walk-ins at 9:00. We ended up taking him to after hours care and found out that he did indeed have the flu. He has behaved unbelievably for having felt so bad. We are truly blessed to have kids with great dispositions (well, Emerson has her moments...so does Ethan for that matter, but you see where I'm going with this!). He is doing much better now. I took Emerson last night to the clinic because she started running a fever, but hers is just a sinus infection. Chris has a bit of a cold and my allergies are kicking in, but other than that, we're good so far. I pray that it stays that way as we are flying out in a week! Here are some pictures of them on Wednesday. As you can tell, it doesn't appear that they have NOT been enjoying being quarantined for 7 days!


This is what quiet looks like in our house:


No comments: